Man found dead in Carlisle hotel room
Last updated at 09:00, Friday, 15 February 2013
A man has been found dead in a Carlisle hotel with a knife wound to his neck.
The unnamed male was discovered at The Roadhouse on London Road at about 2.30pm yesterday.
He is believed to be from Scotland and aged in his 40s.
The scene was cordoned off by police, who have launched a full investigation.
The death is not being treated as suspicious and officers are not looking for anyone else in connection with the death.
A post mortem is due to take place over the next few days.
Officers are working to formally identify the man.
The room at The Roadhouse is still cordoned off.
First published at 08:59, Friday, 15 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (5 comments)
- Cheapest fuel prices in Cumbria revealed (5 comments)
- Carlisle bouncers could get body-mounted cameras (10 comments)
- United Utilities outlines reasons for seven-mile Lake District fence (4 comments)
- NMP to be stripped of Sellafield contract - claims (23 comments)
- Carlisle Utd co-owner: fans threatened me with violence (11 comments)
- Tesco drops plans to build new superstore in Carlisle (37 comments)
- Crime less than fifth of all calls to Cumbria police (1 comment)
- New Ofsted report heaps more praise on Cumbrian school (13 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Fans petition Carlisle Utd owners to sell club (109 comments)
- Dog fouling crackdown gets under way in Carlisle (72 comments)
- MD Nixon: Last week was my blackest time at Carlisle Utd (45 comments)
- Labour’s all-female shortlist for Workington is boost for women - claim (42 comments)
- Grieving man’s call to ban dogs from Carlisle Cemetery (47 comments)