Man found dead at Cumbrian camp site named
Last updated at 09:23, Thursday, 15 March 2012
A man who died at a north Cumbrian camp site has been named.
Christopher Bainbridge, aged 45, of Darlington, was found dead in a wooden camping pod at The Quiet Site Caravan Park in Watermillock, Penrith, on Monday afternoon.
His wife Jane, 42, was also found in the pod and was taken to the Cumberland Infirmary, Carlisle, where she remains in a serious condition.
Early indications suggest they had been poisoned by carbon monoxide.
Police say they are in the early stages of an investigation.
A post mortem is being held today and a file will be prepared for the coroner.
First published at 12:30, Wednesday, 14 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)