Contractor airlifted to Newcastle hospital after plunging from Nestle factory roof
Last updated at 16:54, Friday, 22 February 2013
A contractor was seriously injured when he plunged 30ft from a roof at the Nestlé factory at Dalston.
He was airlifted to the Royal Victory Infirmary in Newcastle with suspected facial, pelvic and leg injuries.
His condition on arrival was described as “stable”.
The accident happened shortly after 10am today.
It is understood that the casualty, thought to be in his twenties, is from the Carlisle area.
He was treated at the scene by ambulance paramedics and a Basics doctor before being flown to hospital by the Pride of Cumbria air ambulance.
A Nestlé spokesman said: “The safety and health of every employee, contractor and visitor is of paramount importance to us.”
We are currently co-operating with the Health and Safety Executive and our contractors to understand how this incident has happened.”
The Health and Safety Executive has launched an investigation.
Its inspectors have already visited the site.
First published at 14:30, Friday, 22 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|