Contractor airlifted to Newcastle hospital after plunging from Nestle factory roof
Last updated at 16:54, Friday, 22 February 2013
A contractor was seriously injured when he plunged 30ft from a roof at the Nestlé factory at Dalston.
He was airlifted to the Royal Victory Infirmary in Newcastle with suspected facial, pelvic and leg injuries.
His condition on arrival was described as “stable”.
The accident happened shortly after 10am today.
It is understood that the casualty, thought to be in his twenties, is from the Carlisle area.
He was treated at the scene by ambulance paramedics and a Basics doctor before being flown to hospital by the Pride of Cumbria air ambulance.
A Nestlé spokesman said: “The safety and health of every employee, contractor and visitor is of paramount importance to us.”
We are currently co-operating with the Health and Safety Executive and our contractors to understand how this incident has happened.”
The Health and Safety Executive has launched an investigation.
Its inspectors have already visited the site.
First published at 14:30, Friday, 22 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle McVitie's staff reject changes to working conditions (76 comments)
- Starlings in Carlisle city centre causing major problems (54 comments)
- 15 people transferred after major incident at north Cumbrian hospitals (101 comments)
- Woods used by 'unsavoury' men for sex chopped down (101 comments)
- Carlisle residents vow to nab speeding drivers (38 comments)
- Unpaid overtime at Cumbrian hospitals rockets (23 comments)
- St Bees School to close (134 comments)
- Battle to recover £500,000 in unpaid council tax in Carlisle (22 comments)
- Row after Cumbrian school refuses to host nuclear meeting (47 comments)
- Carlisle wine shop to close (28 comments)
- Anger over new LED street lighting in Carlisle (61 comments)
Court & crime
- Laying charges at hospital doors (5 comments)
- Looks like Yorkshire made a mi-steak with Jeremy Clarkson (7 comments)
- It’s just the ticket (2 comments)
- Why Brampton-on-Sea doesn’t float my boat
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|