Man dies after 'incident' in west Cumbrian town
Last updated at 14:20, Thursday, 03 April 2014
A man has died in hospital four days after an alleged assault.
Andrew Paul Armstrong, 46, of Central Avenue, Egremont, was taken to Whitehaven's West Cumberland Hospital following an incident in Central Avenue on Sunday afternoon.
A post mortem is to be carried out.
A 57-year-old man and 17-year-old youth, both from the Egremont area, were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and have been released on bail for six weeks.
Detective Inspector Gemma Hannah, of Cumbria police’s public protection unit, said: "Our thoughts are with Andrew’s family at this awful time.
"Our investigations are ongoing to establish the circumstances that led up to the alleged assault and find out exactly what has happened."
Police stress that despite reports on social media, there were no firearms involved, nor was there any danger to the general public.
Police continue to appeal for anyone with information to call 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
First published at 11:35, Thursday, 03 April 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|