Man dies after being hit by Land Rover
Last updated at 11:35, Tuesday, 03 April 2012
A 39-year-old man died after being struck by a Land Rover while walking.
The accident happened on the B6357 Newcastleton road at about 10pm yesterday.
Lothian and Borders Police believe the man had earlier been seen walking in the village and appealed for witnesses.
The road in Newcastleton was closed for about six hours while police carried out investigations.
The force appealed to drivers who may have been on South Hermitage Street at the time and may have seen a pedestrian on either side of the carriageway to come forward. The man was described as 5ft 10in tall, with dark receding hair. He was wearing a grey top, blue jeans and white trainers.
The driver stopped at the scene, reported the incident and is assisting police with inquiries.
First published at 11:30, Tuesday, 03 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle area worst in Cumbria for tooth decay in three-year-olds (3 comments)
- 'We want hospital we were promised', MP tells 4,000-strong health rally (39 comments)
- 200 sign petition to stop Carlisle Civic Centre being demolished (48 comments)
- Cumbria council spends £7.6m to replace 11,500 street lights (16 comments)
- New manager Keith Curle sets out plan to save Carlisle Utd (32 comments)
- Lack of rain means Cumbria facing driest September in 30 years (5 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (9 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (13 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (16 comments)
Court & crime
- Man must pay almost £1,000 after Morrisons guard racially abused
- Cumbrian accountant fined £10,000 for making false VAT claim
- Royal Marine puts career on line after driving 'like an idiot'
- Jealous thug's vicious attack on woman in front of their toddler
- Carlisle criminal gang banned from travelling together
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (13 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Youths involved in street fight
- Moving tributes to adored wife and daughter
- LOOKING BACK PICTURES
- Olympic celebrations pick up pace with miners’ race
- Prudhoe: ‘Judith smiled every day of her life’
- Man, 24, dies in horror car accident
- Residents’ anger at school traffic chaos
- Drug dealer must repay £12,000
- Swimming pool opening times
- Triple triumph for leek grower Chris