Man charged with manslaughter after deaths of mother and daughter
Last updated at 17:11, Wednesday, 11 June 2014
A man has been charged with manslaughter by gross negligence following the deaths of a mother and her daughter.
Matthew Eteson, 40, of Church Road, Leyland, has been charged following the deaths on Lake Windermere on April 1 last year.
He will appear before South Lakeland Magistrates Court on Wednesday, June 18.
Police and the Marine Accident Investigation Branch began a joint investigation after the ambulance service reported two people had been found unconscious on a privately owned boat.
Kelly Webster, 36, of Leyland and her 10-year-old daughter Lauren Thornton died in the Royal Lancaster Infirmary.
First published at 17:05, Wednesday, 11 June 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)