Man attacked his wife, Carlisle court told
Last updated at 11:15, Wednesday, 27 August 2014
A man has admitted assaulting his wife and putting her in fear of violence.
Marcin Mariusz Franciszcak, 37, had originally been accused of harassing and threatening to kill Karolina Przybylo but those charges were dropped when he pleaded guilty at Carlisle Crown Court to alternative offences of affray and common assault.
The details of the charges were that Franciszcak admitted were that he used or threatened unlawful violence against Ms Przybylo following an incident in June and assaulted her by beating her in February.
Those he denied were making a threat to kill her, leading her to believe he might carry it out, on June 13 and assaulting, threatening or intimidating her on several occasions between last November and June.
Franciszcak, of Goodwin Place, Carlisle, was remanded in custody for background reports and will be sentenced on Friday, September 26.
First published at 11:14, Wednesday, 27 August 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (18 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)