Man attacked his wife, Carlisle court told
Last updated at 11:15, Wednesday, 27 August 2014
A man has admitted assaulting his wife and putting her in fear of violence.
Marcin Mariusz Franciszcak, 37, had originally been accused of harassing and threatening to kill Karolina Przybylo but those charges were dropped when he pleaded guilty at Carlisle Crown Court to alternative offences of affray and common assault.
The details of the charges were that Franciszcak admitted were that he used or threatened unlawful violence against Ms Przybylo following an incident in June and assaulted her by beating her in February.
Those he denied were making a threat to kill her, leading her to believe he might carry it out, on June 13 and assaulting, threatening or intimidating her on several occasions between last November and June.
Franciszcak, of Goodwin Place, Carlisle, was remanded in custody for background reports and will be sentenced on Friday, September 26.
First published at 11:14, Wednesday, 27 August 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (55 comments)
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (47 comments)
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (109 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (18 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (13 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"