Cumbria police arrest man after stabbing
Last updated at 14:34, Wednesday, 17 July 2013
Police have arrested a man after another man was stabbed in the back.
At about 10.30am yesterday, police were called to Newlands Gardens in Workington following reports that a man had been stabbed.
At the scene, officers found a 34-year-old man from Workington with serious but non life-threatening injuries.
A police spokesman said that the man had been stabbed in the back and he was taken to the West Cumberland Hospital, Whitehaven.
A 31-year-old local man has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm. He has been bailed until August 10 while inquiries continue.
It is believed the victim and suspect know each other.
Anyone who saw the incident or has any information about it should contact Cumbria police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
First published at 13:27, Wednesday, 17 July 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|