Man airlifted to hospital after ladder fall
Published at 20:02, Friday, 13 June 2014
A 62-year-old man has been flown to hospital with serious head and back injuries after falling from a ladder.
The man from Culgaith, near Penrith, was taken to the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle this afternoon after falling from ladders whilst at Knock, near Appleby.
The incident happened at around 2.45pm.
The man was initially treated at the scene by paramedics from the North West Ambulance Service and medics from the Great North Air Ambulance Service before he was flown in the Pride of Cumbria helicopter to Carlisle.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Lake District's World Heritage status bid moves forward (5 comments)
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (133 comments)
- St Bees School set to reopen next year (45 comments)
- Two new housing schemes tabled for Carlisle (17 comments)
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (34 comments)
- Cumbria's children's service still failing (42 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (104 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|