Man airlifted to hospital after crash near Carlisle
Last updated at 15:04, Friday, 06 June 2014
An elderly man has been flown to hospital in Newcastle following a crash in Wetheral near Carlisle.
The Great North Air Ambulance Service scrambled a helicopter to the scene where a new community centre is being built in the village.
It is understood the Cumwhinton road remains closed following the collision at around 12.30pm today.
A Ford C-Max, driven by the elderly man from Armathwaite, collided with a Ford Transit van being driven by a 21-year-old man from Brampton.
The C-Max motorist has been taken to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle.
First published at 14:55, Friday, 06 June 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (55 comments)
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (47 comments)
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (109 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (18 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (13 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"