Man airlifted after falling onto scaffolding
Last updated at 11:34, Friday, 16 May 2014
A 56-year-old man suffered head injuries after falling from a roof and landing on scaffolding 16 feet above the ground this morning.
Emergency services, including an air ambulance, rushed to the scene at Fell View Avenue, Whitehaven, at about 8.30am.
The man, from Whitehaven, was airlifted to Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary where his injuries are not thought to be life threatening.
Fire and rescue crews worked with paramedics to get the man on to the ground.
Watch manager Andrew Ingrams, from Cumbria Fire and Rescue, said: "The man was working on a roof were there was scaffolding and he has fallen and landed onto the scaffolding which was at gutter level.
"We got him down safely for the ambulance crew and left it in their hands."
First published at 09:54, Friday, 16 May 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (22 comments)
- Cumbria police to use drones to help tackle crime (21 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (118 comments)
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (7 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (31 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (19 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (44 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (58 comments)