Man airlifted after falling onto scaffolding
Last updated at 11:34, Friday, 16 May 2014
A 56-year-old man suffered head injuries after falling from a roof and landing on scaffolding 16 feet above the ground this morning.
Emergency services, including an air ambulance, rushed to the scene at Fell View Avenue, Whitehaven, at about 8.30am.
The man, from Whitehaven, was airlifted to Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary where his injuries are not thought to be life threatening.
Fire and rescue crews worked with paramedics to get the man on to the ground.
Watch manager Andrew Ingrams, from Cumbria Fire and Rescue, said: "The man was working on a roof were there was scaffolding and he has fallen and landed onto the scaffolding which was at gutter level.
"We got him down safely for the ambulance crew and left it in their hands."
First published at 09:54, Friday, 16 May 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)