Man accused of making threat to kill woman
Last updated at 11:20, Wednesday, 30 July 2014
The case against a man accused of threatening to kill a woman went ahead without him at Carlisle Crown Court – because a video link from Durham Prison was not working.
Marcin Mariusz Francisczak, 36, was in the prison on remand. But when his case was called the video link was not working.
His barrister Keith Thomas agreed that the hearing should go ahead without Francisczak, of Goodwin Place, Carlisle, who is charged with making a threat to kill Karolina Przybylo on June 13 and harassing her in the months before.
He was remanded in custody and is expected to enter his plea on August 26.
First published at 11:19, Wednesday, 30 July 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)