Man, 91, rescued from floodwater by Silloth lifeboat crew
Published at 16:38, Monday, 03 February 2014
An elderly man had to be rescued by RNLI volunteers after his car got stuck in floodwater.
The 91-year-old, from Penrith, had driven his BMW into water across the Skinburness Marsh road at about 2.15pm today.
The man managed to get out of the vehicle by himself. He was able to make it up a bank, while waiting for the lifeboat team to arrive.
The water was over the wheels of the car, which had to be pulled free by the Silloth RNLI tractor.
The man, suffering from suspected hypothermia, was taken to the Cumberland Infirmary, Carlisle, to be checked over.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)