Life-changing night for Carlisle's Collabro star
Last updated at 12:13, Monday, 09 June 2014
Barely 36 hours after winning the UK’s biggest television talent show and life is almost unrecognisable for Carlisle's Matthew Pagan.
The members of five-piece musical theatre boyband Collabro are still adjusting to their win, as it emerged that the group received more than 25 per cent of the votes for all 11 acts.
Matthew’s parents, Linda and Tony Pagan, had travelled to London to watch Saturday’s Britain’s Got Talent final live.
Speaking to the News & Star, they admitted they were still trying to come to terms with their son’s new-found fame.
“We saw him on Saturday night for a little while,” Linda said. “He and the other band members are trying to take it all in. They’re on cloud nine.”
The group is doing the rounds with national media television and radio stations this week, beginning with Good Morning Britain today.
First published at 11:48, Monday, 09 June 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)