Lake District's ‘Bownessie’ goes on TV
Last updated at 11:05, Saturday, 21 June 2014
A documentary about Bownessie, the legendary monster of Windermere, has been shown on television in Canada.
The TV show, Destination Monstre, was part of a series called Boogeymen which explored myths and legends around the world, including the Californian abominable snowman known as Bigfoot, and a monster said to live in the fiords of Norway.
It includes interviews with Steve Burnip, the journalist who took the first photos of a “creature” in the lake in 2006, along with people who have had close encounters, including Thomas Noblett of the Langdale Chase Hotel, and scientist-sceptics.
First published at 11:04, Saturday, 21 June 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Row over Tory MP hopeful's election banner in Carlisle (48 comments)
- Airport road delays could last up to 18 months (17 comments)
- Campaigners lose battle to save St Bees School (29 comments)
- Up to 60 jobs at risk as Cumbria university bids to save £6m (4 comments)
- Cost of Cumbrian hospital rebuild now almost £32m (5 comments)
- Carlisle billboard blunder 'funny' claims Labour candidate (59 comments)
- Carlisle girl banned from lessons until she changes hair colour (197 comments)
- Bus firm Stagecoach increasing fares across Cumbria (44 comments)
- Group closer to buying Lake District mountain (8 comments)
Court & crime
- Like or lump nuclear dump (10 comments)
- Man of letters stands by his friends in need
- Laying charges at hospital doors (7 comments)
- Looks like Yorkshire made a mi-steak with Jeremy Clarkson (9 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|