Jury out in trial over glass ‘attack’ at Cumbrian pub
Last updated at 10:23, Friday, 30 August 2013
A jury was today due to resume its deliberations in the case of a woman accused of throwing a glass at another woman during a night out and breaking her teeth.
Lisa Donna Johnson, 33, of Tomlin Avenue, Mirehouse, Whitehaven, has denied a charge of assaulting the woman and causing her actual bodily harm.
The prosecution say that she attacked Martyne Dalzell while out in Workington last October. Witness Robyn Flemming has already told the jury she had been outside with Miss Dalzell in the smoking area of the Royal Oak when Johnson walked up to them and said to the alleged victim: “What have you been saying about me?”
Miss Flemming went on to say that the defendant then threw a red coloured drink over Miss Dalzell, and then the glass, chipping her teeth.
Johnson told the court she had enjoyed a night out with friends on Saturday, October 6. Asked by her defence barrister Tim Evans what she was drinking, she replied: “Vodka, with orange cordial and lemonade.”
She said that was all she ever drank, and she never drank the reddish cider drink that was allegedly thrown. Johnson said she at no point approached Miss Dalzell and shouted at her.
Mr Evans asked her: “Did you throw a glass?”
Johnson replied: “No.” Mr Evans asked: “In particular, did you ever throw a glass into the face of Martine Dalzell?” Johnson’s reply was: “Absolutely not.”
First published at 10:22, Friday, 30 August 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)