Jobs go when Carlisle filling station closes
Last updated at 13:39, Tuesday, 15 January 2013
The Esso garage in London Road in Carlisle is to close at the end of the month.
Six employees at Harraby Green Filling Station will lose their jobs – one of whom has worked there for 18 years.
The filling station’s manager, Daz Pillai, believes that the site will be flattened but has no information about what will eventually become of it.
Nobody from Esso was available for comment.
The garage is due to close on January 30.
In contrast, Esso’s other Carlisle garage, in Currock Road, underwent a revamp last year.
Dave Harkins, national operations manager for Snax 24, the company which runs the Esso service station, said it was one of their busier petrol stations.
The company launched the new-look filling station with charity raffles and prize giveaways.
First published at 11:47, Monday, 14 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|