Jail for Carlisle man who assaulted teen girl
Last updated at 12:50, Saturday, 22 September 2012
A man who assaulted a teenage girl and breached a suspended sentence has been jailed for 14 months.
Stephen Wright, 20, pulled the girl by her hair and knocked her to the floor at a hostel he was staying at in Carlisle in August.
The assault, which Wright admitted, was filmed on CCTV.
Prosecutor Alan Lovett told Carlisle Crown Court the assault had happened in August after the girl had been asked to leave. The girl suffered carpet burns and cuts and bruises to her legs and feet.
Wright, of Raffles Avenue, Carlisle, committed the offence after being given a suspended sentence for an unprovoked attack on a man in Chances Park in Morton had been imposed.
Recorder John Gibson said: “I have no choice but to active the suspended 12-month prison sentence imposed for the unprovoked attack in Chances Park.”
He imposed a two-month sentence for the attack on the girl.
First published at 10:50, Saturday, 22 September 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)