Inspirational Cumbrian teenager loses cancer battle
Last updated at 10:53, Sunday, 13 January 2013
Tributes have been pouring in for a Cumbrian teenager whose brave battle with cancer inspired the nation.
Alice Pyne, 17, from Ulverston, was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma at the age of 12 and became known for her positive attitude and motto: "One life... live it!"
Mum Vicky tweeted last night that Alice had "found her wings". In a short statement she said: "Our darling girl, Alice, gained her angel wings today.
"She passed away peacefully with Simon, Milly and myself by her side. We are devastated and know that our lives will never again be the same. #NightNightAlice"
Alice's main goal had been to complete a 'bucket list' of things to do - including meeting Take That and going whale watching in Canada - which she managed to achieve in August.
However the teenager is perhaps better remembered for the £100,000 she raised for charity alongside younger sister Milly, and the charity Alice's Escapes, which she founded with parents Vicky and Simon.
First published at 09:36, Sunday, 13 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)