Inquest to open into death of man, 24, in Carlisle hospital
Last updated at 15:25, Monday, 17 March 2014
An inquest is to be opened into the death of a 24-year-old man in hospital.
Coroner David Roberts will open the inquest on March 21 into the death of Matthew Sanderson who died in the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle in January.
Mr Sanderson, from Plumbland, near Aspatria, was left brain damaged by a motorbike accident in August 2012 and had been in hospitals and care homes ever since.
He died peacefully at the infirmary after falling ill. He had previously been living in Applegarth care home in Carlisle.
The full inquest hearing is expected to take place on June 26.
Shortly after he died, his grieving family told how Mr Sanderson, who had a four-year-old son Jamie, would forever be remembered for having a beaming smile and giving everyone the “thumbs up” gesture.
Dad Robin, mum Dot, and his two elder brothers, Michael and David, said: “He was just happy go lucky. A jolly young man and if he saw you in the car his thumb would go up and he always had a big smile on his face.
“He wore his heart on his sleeve and was very honest and would do anything for anyone.”
Mr Sanderson had worked as a joiner at Roland Hill Ltd in Aspatria and met his childhood sweetheart Heather Reed at Nelson Thomlinson School in Wigton when they were just 15.
First published at 15:24, Monday, 17 March 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (18 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)