Injured man rescued from scaffolding by Cumbria fire service
Published at 13:04, Tuesday, 05 March 2013
A man had to be rescued after becoming trapped on scaffolding in Egremont.
Emergency services were called to a takeaway on Main Street at about 11.40am.
A man is understood to have hurt his leg while on the roof of the building and was unable to climb down the scaffolding.
Firefighters from the specialist rope rescue unit, based at Workington, spent about 40 minutes working to rescue the man, who was eventually carried down on a stretcher.
The injured man was taken by ambulance to West Cumberland Hospital in Whitehaven but his injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
Full story with pictures in tomorrow's News & Star
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)