I didn't have axe when I robbed store, Carlisle man tells court
Published at 11:52, Tuesday, 02 September 2014
A man has admitted robbing an assistant at a Carlisle off-licence in the Currock area of the city – but he denied carrying an axe.
At the city’s crown court yesterday, Martin Forster, 22, appeared before a judge on a video link.
He admitted robbing the Booze Buster store in Blackwell Road on August 11, stealing cash and cigarettes.
He also pleaded guilty to burgling a property in Crossways, Carlisle, when he stole clothing.
After Forster, of Raven Nook, off Greystone Road in Carlisle, denied carrying an axe during the robbery, Crown Prosecution Service lawyer Gerard Rogerson agreed that the allegation should lie on the court file.
The defendant was remanded in custody and is likely to be sentenced on Wednesday.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)