Girl, 2, bitten by dog outside Carlisle shop
Published at 08:08, Monday, 29 July 2013
A two-year-old girl was bitten on the cheek by a dog while she was outside a Carlisle shop.
Police are appealing for information about the incident next to the Spar shop in Lamb Street.
A force spokeswoman said: “A young girl, up to two years of age, was approached by the dog outside the shop. It became aggressive and bit her on the cheek.”
The dog was described as a Border Collie type.
Anyone who was in the area between 4pm and 5pm on Saturday, July 20, should contact police - who have just released details of the incident - on 101.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|