Girl, 15, asked if she wanted to 'make big money' by Carlisle takeaway boss
Last updated at 11:05, Tuesday, 01 May 2012
A woman who got a job at a Carlisle takeaway says she was propositioned by her boss on her second night at work.
The woman, who was working as a kitchen assistant, said Spice of India boss Azad Miah undid his trousers and laid money on a bed after asking her to go upstairs with him to put away some boxes.
She told Carlisle Crown Court: “We went into a room and I noticed there were a lot of beds.
“He closed the door and asked me to sit on one of the beds. I thought he was going to tell me that I was doing a good job but he said something about ‘easy’ and ‘money’.
“I just smiled because I didn’t want to appear rude, but when he started undoing his trousers and taking his shoes off I realised I was being propositioned. He said something about “clothes off”.
“As politely as I could I said ‘no, thank you’. I said I would come back the following day and I went downstairs and told one of the other young girls working in the kitchen what had happened.
“I then got my coat and said ‘bye, see you tomorrow’ to everyone.”
Prosecutor Tim Evans said: “And did you go back the following day?”
The woman replied: “Not a chance, no I didn’t.”
The woman reported the incident straight away to police.
Two days later the woman said she was at home with two friends when a £20 note landed on her door mat.
She said she did not know who pushed the money through her door but that she did see a silver takeaway car driving away from her home.
She said she had never given Miah her phone number or her address.
Earlier, a girl who went for a job at the Spice of India said she was asked by Miah if she wanted to “make big money”.
The girl, now 18, said she was driven into the countryside just outside Carlisle for sex with Miah.
Miah is on trial accused of nine charges of paying for the sexual services of a child, eight counts of inciting child prostitution and one of keeping a brothel.
He has denied all of the charges.
The girl said Miah, 44, picked her up outside a shop on Newtown Road and drove her to the country where they had sex in his car down a farm track.
The girl said Miah paid her £80.
She said: “I felt disgusting.”
The girl, who was 15 at the time, said she started working in Miah’s takeaway on Botchergate because she needed money and wanted to buy her then boyfriend some drugs.
She said she was asked at her first ever meeting with Miah if she wanted to “make big money”.
The trial continues.
First published at 13:21, Monday, 30 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|