Girl, 12, critical in hospital after bike accident on Cumbrian road
Published at 08:41, Monday, 19 March 2012
A 12-year-old girl is fighting for her life after falling off her bike.
The youngster, from Appleby, was said to be in a critical condition after suffering serious head injuries while out riding with her father in fine weekend weather yesterday.
She came off her bike on the road at the bottom of a hill. It happened between Hoff and Burrells, near Appleby, at 5.25pm.
A police spokeswoman said: “She was treated at the scene by paramedic staff before being flown by air ambulance to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle, where her condition is described as critical.”
The road was closed for two hours to allow police to examine the scene of the accident.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (5 comments)
- Cheapest fuel prices in Cumbria revealed (5 comments)
- Carlisle bouncers could get body-mounted cameras (10 comments)
- United Utilities outlines reasons for seven-mile Lake District fence (4 comments)
- NMP to be stripped of Sellafield contract - claims (23 comments)
- Carlisle Utd co-owner: fans threatened me with violence (11 comments)
- Tesco drops plans to build new superstore in Carlisle (37 comments)
- Crime less than fifth of all calls to Cumbria police (1 comment)
- New Ofsted report heaps more praise on Cumbrian school (13 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Fans petition Carlisle Utd owners to sell club (109 comments)
- Dog fouling crackdown gets under way in Carlisle (72 comments)
- MD Nixon: Last week was my blackest time at Carlisle Utd (45 comments)
- Labour’s all-female shortlist for Workington is boost for women - claim (42 comments)
- Grieving man’s call to ban dogs from Carlisle Cemetery (47 comments)