Girl, 12, critical in hospital after bike accident on Cumbrian road
Published at 08:41, Monday, 19 March 2012
A 12-year-old girl is fighting for her life after falling off her bike.
The youngster, from Appleby, was said to be in a critical condition after suffering serious head injuries while out riding with her father in fine weekend weather yesterday.
She came off her bike on the road at the bottom of a hill. It happened between Hoff and Burrells, near Appleby, at 5.25pm.
A police spokeswoman said: “She was treated at the scene by paramedic staff before being flown by air ambulance to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle, where her condition is described as critical.”
The road was closed for two hours to allow police to examine the scene of the accident.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (20 comments)
- Cumbria police to use drones to help tackle crime (21 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (114 comments)
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (6 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (31 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (18 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (44 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (57 comments)