Funeral date set for 'loveliest mammy in whole wide world'
Last updated at 12:20, Thursday, 25 April 2013
The funeral of “the loveliest Mammy in the whole wide world” who died in a crash on the A69 will be held next week.
A Requiem Mass for mum Ann Marie Carruthers, 37, of Moss Bay Road, Workington, will be held in the Church of Our Lady and St Michael, Banklands, on Monday at 11am.
The service will be followed by cremation at Distington Hall.
A member of the public called police after discovering a silver Peugeot upside down, half a mile off the A69 at Haydon Bridge at 5.50am on Saturday.
The sole occupant, Ms Carruthers, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A funeral notice for Ms Carruthers says she was the mum of A.J, daughter of Kathleen and sister of David, Lorna and Emma.
The family has requested that donations, if desired, should be given to the Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit at the Freeman Hospital in Newcastle c/o John Sandelands Funeral Directors on 01900 602753.
Northumbria Police issued an appeal for information about the crash. They are particularly asking for anyone driving in the area between 11pm on Friday and 5.50am on Saturday to contact officers as they may have vital information.
Anyone with any information should call 101 and ask for Northumbria Police.
First published at 12:16, Thursday, 25 April 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Lake District's World Heritage status bid moves forward (5 comments)
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (133 comments)
- St Bees School set to reopen next year (45 comments)
- Two new housing schemes tabled for Carlisle (17 comments)
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (34 comments)
- Cumbria's children's service still failing (42 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (104 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|