'Free runner' badly hurt in Cumbrian school roof fall
Last updated at 09:27, Thursday, 15 August 2013
A 'free runner' has been badly hurt after plunging through a glass window on a roof.
The accident has prompted Cumbria police to issue a warning about the dangers of the activity, also known as parkour.
The 13-year-old boy suffered serious cuts after falling through the window on All Saints Primary School on Slatefell Drive, Cockermouth.
He was taken to the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle for treatment.
A police spokeswoman said they were investigating the incident.
She added: “Police would like to warn parents in the Cockermouth area that this is an exceptionally dangerous activity.
“We are aware of reports of young persons climbing on various unsafe to roofs in the town. Although this may appear an exciting activity it is inherently dangerous to do it at height on the roofs of the buildings.
“The consequences could be life-threatening. This activity may also be illegal and may result in prosecution and a financial penalty."
Anyone with information about the incident - which happened on July 28 - should call police on 101.
First published at 07:43, Thursday, 15 August 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)