Four hurt in Carlisle smash
Last updated at 09:25, Sunday, 17 June 2012
A woman was airlifted to hospital with leg and pelvic injuries following a three-car smash near Carlisle on Saturday.
The accident happened around 1.30pm, near Story Rail's premises on the B7076 Carlisle-Gretna all-purpose route that runs parallel to the M6.
It involved a Fiat Punto, a Vauxhall Astra and a Skoda.
A female in the Fiat had to be cut free by firefighters.
The woman in her twenties was airlifted by the Pride of Cumbria air ambulance to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle.
She had suspected leg and pelvic injuries.
Three others in the Fiat were treated at the Cumberland Infirmary, Carlisle.
The road remained closed while emergency services removed the damaged vehicles.
First published at 16:10, Saturday, 16 June 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)