Fountain fun bubbles at Carlisle's Hardwicke Circus
Last updated at 12:42, Monday, 27 January 2014
This was the unusual scene as a fountain began spewing bubbles into the air.
The incident at the fountain in the middle of Hardwicke Circus in Carlisle caused a stir among motorists and passers-by yesterday.
A prankster is believed to have poured bubble bath into the water creating the eye-catching foamy explosion.
Hundreds of people took to Facebook to express their delight.
One person commented: “Whoever they are...I want to give them a high five.”
Another said: “This used to happen all the time. Very retro.”
And others wrote: “Poor attempt no dye in the water, old school classic”, and “that takes me back to the 1990s.”
First published at 12:35, Monday, 27 January 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (55 comments)
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (47 comments)
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (109 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (18 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (13 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"