Forestry worker flown to hospital after being hit by falling tree
Last updated at 14:21, Sunday, 29 June 2014
A forestry worker hit by a falling tree in a remote woodland has been airlifted to hospital in Newcastle.
The man, thought to be in his 20s, has suffered back injuries, which were described as critical and life-threatening by medics who treated him at the scene.
The Pride of Cumbria air ambulance was called to the incident at Catlowdy, north of Longtown and near to the Scotland-England border, at 10am today.
On arrival at the scene, a doctor and paramedic from the air ambulance made their way to the man who was in a wood.
They assessed and treated him before they were joined by paramedics from the North West Ambulance Service.
Together they carried the man to the helicopter before flying him to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle.
The man was airlifted to a specialist unit in 15 minutes, where his condition upon arrival was described as stable.
First published at 14:14, Sunday, 29 June 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)