Five arrested following sudden death in Cumbria
Published at 15:24, Sunday, 01 April 2012
Police have arrested five people following a man's sudden death.
The 37-year-old was found dead at a house on Crummock Avenue, Whitehaven, yesterday.
Detectives in west Cumbria are now investigating the circumstances surrounding his death.
Five people who were at the house have been arrested and are currently helping police with their inquiries.
Paramedics were already at the scene when officers were called there at about 4.20pm.
Detective Sergeant Ian Harwood today urged anyone who has information about what happened to come forward.
Details can be passed to Cumbria police by calling 101. Information can also be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|