Five arrested following sudden death in Cumbria
Published at 15:24, Sunday, 01 April 2012
Police have arrested five people following a man's sudden death.
The 37-year-old was found dead at a house on Crummock Avenue, Whitehaven, yesterday.
Detectives in west Cumbria are now investigating the circumstances surrounding his death.
Five people who were at the house have been arrested and are currently helping police with their inquiries.
Paramedics were already at the scene when officers were called there at about 4.20pm.
Detective Sergeant Ian Harwood today urged anyone who has information about what happened to come forward.
Details can be passed to Cumbria police by calling 101. Information can also be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Dozens of operations cancelled at Carlisle hospital (15 comments)
- Huge potholes making Cumbrian residents' lives a misery (4 comments)
- Cumbria police must have redesign to survive (2 comments)
- Carlisle shop for sale with warning not to tell staff (18 comments)
- Wealthy peer funds Labour to help unseat Tories in Carlisle (38 comments)
- Cumbrian postcode with fewest burglaries revealed (4 comments)
- Dog suffers horrific injuries in attack on Carlisle street (14 comments)
- Cumbria crime panel backs council tax increase plan (9 comments)
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (14 comments)
Court & crime
- Dad jailed for cruel attacks on children in filthy house
- Ex Aquarium boss accused of taking £115,000 admits theft
- Police probing attack on Carlisle pub doorman release CCTV photo
- Carlisle man reached 110mph on 19-mile police chase
- Ex-soldier strangled partner until she passed out, Carlisle court told
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Primark and John Lewis most wanted shops for Carlisle (8 comments)
- Cumbrian bakery lands huge cake deal with Costa Coffee chain (11 comments)
- Tories would 'rip out and skip' parking meters if they take control of Cumbria (5 comments)
- Carlisle artist gets job to design AC/DC album motif on guitarist's coffin (2 comments)
- Carlisle Utd on brink of new owners deal