Five arrested following sudden death in Cumbria
Published at 15:24, Sunday, 01 April 2012
Police have arrested five people following a man's sudden death.
The 37-year-old was found dead at a house on Crummock Avenue, Whitehaven, yesterday.
Detectives in west Cumbria are now investigating the circumstances surrounding his death.
Five people who were at the house have been arrested and are currently helping police with their inquiries.
Paramedics were already at the scene when officers were called there at about 4.20pm.
Detective Sergeant Ian Harwood today urged anyone who has information about what happened to come forward.
Details can be passed to Cumbria police by calling 101. Information can also be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Women's plus-size fashion retailer to open in Workington
- Cumberland Building Society boss stepping down
- Five taken on in Cumbrian company's apprentice scheme
- Passport problems boost Cumbrian visitor numbers
- Cumbrian developer Story buys new site for 117 houses
- Cumbrian firm's packaging deal for German energy bars
- Cumbrian pitch firm lands another deal
- Familiar high street names reopen in Carlisle
- Carlisle Leisure Ltd plans merger with larger organisation
- Cumbria playing lead role in cyber security
- Motorcyclist airlifted after serious crash near Carlisle
- Ulverston driver, 82, banned after causing crash
- Dalton man, 26, jailed after choking pet to get back at ex
- Donations ensure Sarah McClay's red squirrel work will continue to thrive in Cumbria
- Kitchen cocaine man jailed
- Village mourns businessman killed in crach
- Italian restaurant to close
- Carlisle's Swallow Hilltop Hotel to close
- Seven vehicle crash outside Cumbrian pub
- Three fighting for life following Carlisle M6 crash