Firefighters tackle washing machine blaze in Aspatria
Last updated at 11:26, Thursday, 03 July 2014
Firefighters were called to Aspatria after a washing machine caught fire in a bathroom.
The alarm was raised at 3.28am today (Thursday July 3) and the incident was in Brough Street.
Four firefighters wore breathing apparatus to guard against the fumes and they used a main jet to put out the blaze.
Before leaving the scene they used thermal imaging cameras to check there were no further areas of heat and the area was safe.
First published at 09:48, Thursday, 03 July 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (103 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (16 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (12 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (169 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (37 comments)
- We ARE talking to a billionaire say Carlisle Utd owners (31 comments)
- State-of-the-art buses in Carlisle blasted by passengers
- Vulcan bomber thrills crowds at Carlisle fly past (6 comments)
- Cumbrian couple's wedding to be one in a Minion (5 comments)