X

Cookies

Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Friday, 25 July 2014

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Firefighters rescue disabled woman from house blaze

A woman was rescued by firefighters after a blaze broke out in her home.

A team of four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus carried the disabled woman out of her home in Findlay Place, Workington, on Tuesday night.

Two crews from Workington and Frizington were alerted at around 8.50pm after the fire was reported to have started in the kitchen.

The woman was in the living room on the ground floor at the time of the incident.

Adrian Holme, Workington station manager, told the News & Star the blaze broke out after a grill was left unattended.

The woman was safely evacuated and left in the care of waiting paramedics.

She was taken to hospital as a precaution but she was not thought to have suffered any serious injuries.

Mr Holme is now warning householders to be vigilant when cooking.

He said: “Cooking and kitchen-related fires are one of the major causes of accidental fires.

“We would advise people to never leave any pans, ovens or grills unattended.”

Firefighters gave the woman safety advice after making the property safe.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

News & Star What's On search





Vote

Winter gritters are out treating Cumbria's melting roads. Are we geared for summer's heat?

Good idea to use up grit left over from an exceptionally mild winter

Surprising that roads are melting in these temperatures - not exactly extreme

Melting? Does that mean more potholes?

Show Result

Hot jobs
Scan for our iPhone and Android apps
Search for:
NEWS & STAR ON: