Firefighters deal with Workington house blaze
Last updated at 10:54, Sunday, 26 January 2014
Firefighters dealt with a house fire in Workington on Saturday afternoon.
They were called to Ruby Road, Salterbeck, at 12.38pm.
The fire was in the living room.
Two crews from the town attended.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet and carbon dioxide fire extinguisher to put out the electrical fire.
Nobody was injured.
- West Cumbrian firefighters also dealt with a garage fire in Cockermouth in the early hours of today.
A car had set on fire inside the garage, which then spread to the building.
Nobody was in the property at the time.
First published at 10:19, Sunday, 26 January 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|