Fire crews tackling large blaze on edge of Carlisle
Last updated at 11:55, Tuesday, 04 December 2012
Fire crews have got a large blaze on the outskirts of Carlisle under control.
They have started the dampening down process at North West Recycling Limited at Kingmoor Park after fighting the blaze for several hours today.
Hose jets, a thermal imaging camera and heavy plant machinery are being used to check for any remaining hotspots.
Fire engines from Carlisle East and Carlisle West stations, together with crews from Brampton and Gretna and an aerial appliance from Carlisle, were called to the scene.
About one hundred square metres of mixed recycling was said to be well alight.
The fire was contained in one corner of the building. It is estimated that only about 20 per cent of the building was affected by the blaze, says the fire service.
The brigade was alerted at about 10.45am.
First published at 12:55, Monday, 03 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)