Final turbines installed at west Cumbrian windfarm
Last updated at 12:13, Friday, 07 December 2012
The last of three new wind turbines at Flimby will be erected this weekend.
The Flimby Hall Farm windfarm, the 53rd in Cumbria, cost £7.5 million.
The first of the three turbines, which are nearly 380 foot tall, was installed last week and the second on Wednesday.
Paul Mewes, Flimby Wind Energy Ltd site manager, said the turbines were expected to provide power to the grid by next Friday and the windfarm should be fully commissioned by the end of January.
Mr Mewes said the work had been held up by bad weather.
He said local labour and materials had been used as much as possible and local companies will be employed for maintenance.
Mr Mewes said more than 30 abnormal loads had been delivered to the site.
He added: “We have tried to ensure that deliveries were not at peak traffic times or late at night to ensure minimal disruption.”
The scheme is expected to generate enough power to supply energy for 4,000 homes.
First published at 12:09, Friday, 07 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)