Police renew appeal for missing Romanian girl, 14
Last updated at 12:56, Thursday, 15 March 2012
Police have renewed their appeal for information on a teenager missing from her home.
Catalina Covaci, aged 14, who lives in Workington, has not been seen since 8.30am last Friday.
She is Romanian and speaks little English, Cumbria Police said.
Catalina is described as being of slim build with long, straight, dark brown hair which has recently been dyed red.
When last seen she was wearing a black puffer jacket, grey T-shirt, long grey shirt and gold flat shoes.
Catalina is believed to have travelled to the UK in October 2011. She was living in the West Cumbria area and in February 2012 became known to the authorities.
“Police are concerned for Catalina's safety and urge anyone with information to come forward,” a spokesman said, appealing for anyone with information on her whereabouts to contact officers.
"It is possible that Catalina has sought to rejoin members of the extended Romanian community resident in West Cumbria or elsewhere in the UK."
Anyone with information should call officers on 101 or CrimeStoppers on 0800 555111.
First published at 08:57, Saturday, 10 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (38 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (29 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (7 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (13 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (13 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (16 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (48 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (46 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (13 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- 'Boy racer’ doing 80mph before fatal crash, Carlisle court told
- HGV and driving instructor's car collide on busy Carlisle road
- Woman, 70, hurt as Stagecoach bus crashes into cars and building
- Four arrests after early morning Cumbria police raids
- Arrest warrant issued for market's Dutch cheese seller
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (57 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)