Police renew appeal for missing Romanian girl, 14
Last updated at 12:56, Thursday, 15 March 2012
Police have renewed their appeal for information on a teenager missing from her home.
Catalina Covaci, aged 14, who lives in Workington, has not been seen since 8.30am last Friday.
She is Romanian and speaks little English, Cumbria Police said.
Catalina is described as being of slim build with long, straight, dark brown hair which has recently been dyed red.
When last seen she was wearing a black puffer jacket, grey T-shirt, long grey shirt and gold flat shoes.
Catalina is believed to have travelled to the UK in October 2011. She was living in the West Cumbria area and in February 2012 became known to the authorities.
“Police are concerned for Catalina's safety and urge anyone with information to come forward,” a spokesman said, appealing for anyone with information on her whereabouts to contact officers.
"It is possible that Catalina has sought to rejoin members of the extended Romanian community resident in West Cumbria or elsewhere in the UK."
Anyone with information should call officers on 101 or CrimeStoppers on 0800 555111.
First published at 08:57, Saturday, 10 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (5 comments)
- Cheapest fuel prices in Cumbria revealed (5 comments)
- Carlisle bouncers could get body-mounted cameras (10 comments)
- United Utilities outlines reasons for seven-mile Lake District fence (4 comments)
- NMP to be stripped of Sellafield contract - claims (23 comments)
- Carlisle Utd co-owner: fans threatened me with violence (11 comments)
- Tesco drops plans to build new superstore in Carlisle (37 comments)
- Crime less than fifth of all calls to Cumbria police (1 comment)
- New Ofsted report heaps more praise on Cumbrian school (13 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Fans petition Carlisle Utd owners to sell club (109 comments)
- Dog fouling crackdown gets under way in Carlisle (72 comments)
- MD Nixon: Last week was my blackest time at Carlisle Utd (45 comments)
- Labour’s all-female shortlist for Workington is boost for women - claim (42 comments)
- Grieving man’s call to ban dogs from Carlisle Cemetery (47 comments)