Family tribute to woman found dead in Cumbrian river
Last updated at 12:03, Friday, 21 December 2012
A woman whose body was found during a search of a river in north Cumbria has been named by police.
She was Kathleen Rosemary Dixon, 64, of Bluebell Court, Penrith.
Her brother and sister-in-law, Mr and Mrs Wilfred Dixon, today paid tribute to "a very special sister, sister-in-law, auntie and friend."
“She was kind, heart-warming, loving. She would never hesitate to help anyone who needed her," they said.
They added Miss Dixon loved doing voluntary work with Age Concern and Eden Animal Rescue and said: “She has now gone to join her mam, big brother John and sister, Daphne. Give her a cuddle from us and look after her.”
Police officers launched a search after concerns were raised on Wednesday because Miss Dixon had not been seen for a few days by family and friends.
Her body was located at about 4.45am yesterday (Thursday) in the river Eden at Langwathby Bridge, near Penrith.
There are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death, say police.
The coroner has been informed.
First published at 10:09, Thursday, 20 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (103 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (16 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (12 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (169 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (37 comments)
- We ARE talking to a billionaire say Carlisle Utd owners (31 comments)
- State-of-the-art buses in Carlisle blasted by passengers
- Vulcan bomber thrills crowds at Carlisle fly past (6 comments)
- Cumbrian couple's wedding to be one in a Minion (5 comments)