Family tribute to woman found dead in Cumbrian river
Last updated at 12:03, Friday, 21 December 2012
A woman whose body was found during a search of a river in north Cumbria has been named by police.
She was Kathleen Rosemary Dixon, 64, of Bluebell Court, Penrith.
Her brother and sister-in-law, Mr and Mrs Wilfred Dixon, today paid tribute to "a very special sister, sister-in-law, auntie and friend."
“She was kind, heart-warming, loving. She would never hesitate to help anyone who needed her," they said.
They added Miss Dixon loved doing voluntary work with Age Concern and Eden Animal Rescue and said: “She has now gone to join her mam, big brother John and sister, Daphne. Give her a cuddle from us and look after her.”
Police officers launched a search after concerns were raised on Wednesday because Miss Dixon had not been seen for a few days by family and friends.
Her body was located at about 4.45am yesterday (Thursday) in the river Eden at Langwathby Bridge, near Penrith.
There are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death, say police.
The coroner has been informed.
First published at 10:09, Thursday, 20 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (38 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (29 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (7 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (13 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (13 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (16 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (48 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (46 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (13 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (57 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)