Family's tribute to teenage cyclist killed in Cumbria crash
Last updated at 12:26, Monday, 25 August 2014
The family of a teenage boy who died after a crash with a van have paid tribute to an absolutely wonderful and loving son.
Jake Antony Knott, 15, from East Bergholt, Essex, was on holiday with his father in the Wasdale area at the time of the incident.
He was airlifted to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle following the collision at 11.30am on Saturday at Mecklin Bridge, Santon Beck, Holmrook but later died.
The teenager's family today released an emotional tribute.
“Jake was a keen footballer, cyclist and sportsman, a good friend to so many and an absolutely wonderful and loving son.
“Jake had a gentle but competitive nature, an infectious laugh, cheeky smile and a sharp and witty sense of humour.
“Jake's shocking and tragic passing leaves a chasm in the lives of those that knew him. The hearts of his family who adored him will be forever broken.
“Jake, may your soul soar in the beautiful lakes and mountains where you spent your last hours. You were so happy to be there. Rest in peace our darling Jake.”
The crash involved Jake, who was riding a bicycle and a Fiat van. The 45-year-old van driver "was uninjured and is not suspected of committing any crime", say police.
The road was closed for some time while police investigated the incident.
First published at 14:24, Saturday, 23 August 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (55 comments)
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (47 comments)
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (109 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (18 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (13 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"