Elderly woman airlifted to hospital
Published at 16:38, Saturday, 21 June 2014
An elderly woman had to airlifted to hospital after falling and breaking her ankle while out walking.
It happened at Scale Force, Buttermere, at 1.30pm today.
The 72-year-old, from Cockermouth, was treated at the scene by medics from Cockermouth Mountain Rescue Team and the Great North Air Ambulance.
She was then flown to the Cumberland Infirmary by the Pride of Cumbria air ambulance. She did not sustain any other injuries.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (55 comments)
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (47 comments)
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (109 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (18 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (13 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"