Elderly woman airlifted to hospital
Published at 16:38, Saturday, 21 June 2014
An elderly woman had to airlifted to hospital after falling and breaking her ankle while out walking.
It happened at Scale Force, Buttermere, at 1.30pm today.
The 72-year-old, from Cockermouth, was treated at the scene by medics from Cockermouth Mountain Rescue Team and the Great North Air Ambulance.
She was then flown to the Cumberland Infirmary by the Pride of Cumbria air ambulance. She did not sustain any other injuries.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|