Elderly woman airlifted to hospital
Published at 16:38, Saturday, 21 June 2014
An elderly woman had to airlifted to hospital after falling and breaking her ankle while out walking.
It happened at Scale Force, Buttermere, at 1.30pm today.
The 72-year-old, from Cockermouth, was treated at the scene by medics from Cockermouth Mountain Rescue Team and the Great North Air Ambulance.
She was then flown to the Cumberland Infirmary by the Pride of Cumbria air ambulance. She did not sustain any other injuries.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|