Elderly pedestrian seriously hurt in Carlisle road crash
Last updated at 08:10, Monday, 09 April 2012
An elderly man suffered serious leg injuries when he was hit by a car in Carlisle today.
The pedestrian, who is in his 70s, was struck by a silver Volkswagen on Eastern Way near the police headquarters at Durranhill.
The injured man was taken to the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle. His condition is not known but his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
The car was driven by a Carlisle man who was uninjured.
Police closed the road following the accident at 5.50am.
First published at 07:26, Monday, 09 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (48 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)